Hammer recovering – an overview:
Unless you are used to fitting new hammers on a regular basis, it may well be easier and more convenient to have the old hammers recovered. You can be confident that the angles will remain the same, and less action regulating is usually required following a recover.
Hammer recovering is a speciality at the Abel piano hammer factory.
Instructions & guidelines for hammer recovering
1. Hammer shanks should be left in place.
2. Pack the hammers carefully to avoid any possibility of damage in transit, keep them in order, and use a good solid carton.
3. Send the hammers to the Abel factory: Helmut Abel GmbH, Riedwasen 2, D-74586 Frankenhardt, Germany.
4. Enclose an order which should include your name, address, and contact details, as well as instructions relating to the recover.
5. When the work is completed your hammers will normally be returned with other sets to Heckscher & Company prior to their eventual return to you.
6. You can specify the hardness of the felt pressing: soft, medium, or hard. Please contact me if you are unsure which to choose.
7. You can also specify standard felt, or Abel “Natural” Felt. Further details of “Natural” Felt can be found in “Selecting the Right Hammer Head” in the Abel Hammer “dropdown.”
8. Square piano hammers cannot be recovered.
9. Other action repairs are also possible: e.g. fitting new rollers to grand hammers etc.
10. Please contact me if you have any questions or to check prices : (email@example.com or 01494 758713)
Hammer Recovering – what happens…..
1. The old felt must be removed……