The world’s best tuning tips are made by Watanabe in Japan.
For many decades we offered one piece tuning heads , but a few years ago we reviewed our tuning lever design philosophy & and adopted the two piece head system. The switch to the Watanabe tips was central to a major upgrade in the quality of our tuning levers and heads. I am delighted to continue to offer these superb tuning tips which are available in various sizes and lengths of 27mm & 60mm:
Watanabe no. 1 (small star) tip for 6.50 – 6.75mm pins,27mm long (704a)
Watanabe no. 2 (medium star) tip for 6.90 – 7.10mm pins, 27mm long (704b)
Watanabe no. 3 (large star) tip for 7.15mm and larger pins, 27mm long (704c)
Watanabe no. 2 (“Yamaha” medium star) tip, 27mm long (704g)
- The extent to which wrest (tuning) pin heads differ is not always appreciated. The “Yamaha” medium star hole has a slightly different internal profile which provides an alternative, sometimes better fit on many wrest pins, not only those found in Yamahas!
Watanabe no. 1 (small star) tip for 6.50 – 6.75mm pins, 60mm long (704d)
Watanabe no. 2 (medium star) tip for 6.90 – 7.10mm pins, 60mm long (704e)
Watanabe no. 3 (large star) tip for 7.15mm and larger pins, 60mm long (704f)
Thin wall tip (704h)
- for use when wrest pins are very close together & there is insufficient clearance for a full size tip
- fits into the star hole of a no. 2 medium star tip
- not made by Watanabe
- because its dimensions have been reduced to the minimum the thin wall tip is fragile and should only ever be used when absolutely necessary for pins where there is insufficient space to use a conventional tip. There is no guarantee against breakage!
Connectors for Tuning Tips
Using the two piece tuning head system a “Connector” is required to fit between the tuning lever shank and the tip.
Watanabe Connector for Extendible Tuning Levers (703a)
Tip Wrench (705)
- for attaching and removing tuning tips