Heckscher and Company has supplied professional quality tuning tools for over one hundred years. The tradition is maintained with the current range including Watanabe’s superb professional grade extendible tuning levers, the world renowned Watanabe tuning tips, a wide variety of tuning wedges, and John Walker tuning forks.
Watanabe Extendible Tuning Levers
- Superb professional quality
- Length adjustable between 27cm & 39cm
- Hexagonal shaft
- Choice of handle shapes
- You will also need: 703a Connector, your choice of tuning tips, & 705 tip wrench – see below
- interchangeable tuning tips
Watanabe Extendible Tuning Lever, plain handle (702a) seen here in its shortest form & fitted with 703a connector & 27mm tuning tip (the connector & tip are not included in price & need to be ordered separately)
Watanabe Extendible Tuning Lever, ball ended handle (702b) seen here in its shortest form & fitted with 703a connector & 27mm tuning tip (the connector & tip are not included in price & need to be ordered separately)
detail showing Watanabe lever with extended shaft with 703a connector & 60mm tuning tip (not included in price)
Watanabe Tuning Tips
The world’s best tuning tips are made by Watanabe in Japan.
For many decades we offered one piece tuning heads , but a few years ago we reviewed our tuning lever design philosophy & and adopted the two piece head system. The switch to the Watanabe tips was central to a major upgrade in the quality of our tuning levers and heads. I am delighted to continue to offer these superb tuning tips which are available in various sizes and lengths of 27mm & 60mm:
Watanabe no. 1 (small star) tip for 6.50 – 6.75mm pins,27mm long (704a)
Watanabe no. 2 (medium star) tip for 6.90 – 7.10mm pins, 27mm long (704b)
Watanabe no. 3 (large star) tip for 7.15mm and larger pins, 27mm long (704c)
Watanabe no. 2 (“Yamaha” medium star) tip, 27mm long (704g)
- The extent to which wrest (tuning) pin heads differ is not always appreciated. The “Yamaha” medium star hole has a slightly different internal profile which provides an alternative, sometimes better fit on many wrest pins, not only those found in Yamahas!
Watanabe no. 1 (small star) tip for 6.50 – 6.75mm pins, 60mm long (704d)
Watanabe no. 2 (medium star) tip for 6.90 – 7.10mm pins, 60mm long (704e)
Watanabe no. 3 (large star) tip for 7.15mm and larger pins, 60mm long (704f)
Thin wall tip (704h)
- for use when wrest pins are very close together & there is insufficient clearance for a full size tip
- fits into the star hole of a no. 2 medium star tip
- not made by Watanabe
- because its dimensions have been reduced to the minimum the thin wall tip is fragile and should only ever be used when absolutely necessary for pins where there is insufficient space to use a conventional tip. There is no guarantee against breakage!
Connectors for Tuning Tips
Using the two piece tuning head system a “Connector” is required to fit between the tuning lever shank and the tip.
Watanabe Connector for Extendible Tuning Levers (703a)
Tip Wrench (705) for attaching and removing tuning tips
Amateur Tuning Lever
- fixed head economy tuning lever
- substantially better quality than cheap Chinese levers
- medium star head
Grand rubber wedge (191c)
Narrow felt wedge 112 x 22mm (191d)
Wide felt wedge 92 x 30mm (191dx)
Papps wedge (191a)
Wood/leather wedge, single slot (191g)
Muting strip (191f)
To order or check prices of any of the above items please email email@example.com or phone me on 01494 758713.